NCHL COVID-19 FAQ
With the recent cancellation of the Winter 2019-20 NCHL Season, due to the current state of affairs with COVID-19, we have received a number of questions from concerned players. We have compiled a list of the most asked questions and answers below. These are posted on our website at www.nchl.com/covid-19-faq and updated frequently as new information comes to light. Please continue to check back regularly for any updates.
When will Winter 2019-20 hockey season return?
– Winter 2019-20 Hockey Season is officially cancelled in Calgary, Edmonton, Richmond and Grande Prairie – read the details here.
I feel fine, why can’t we still play?
– Even if you feel fine, you may still have the virus and could spread it.
– At this time, all major sporting organizations are doing their part to follow the recommendations from various government agencies to help blunt the spread of COVID-19. When the risk of spread has decreased to a safer level, hockey and other sports will resume play.
-As of March 14 6:00 p.m. all City of Edmonton arenas have been closed indefinitely. Several Calgary arenas have also shut down.
What will happen to my cancelled games?
– Any cancelled games due to COVID-19 will be made up at a later date.
What is happening with NCHL Summer Season?
– At this time, the Summer Season is proceeding as planned. All dates and deadlines are still in effect. We will evaluate this on a daily basis.