Everything we do is to make your hockey playing experience better. This is why we offer choice and convenience to you the team general manager, and you the player. To offer these benefits requires more resources, whether it is time, money or people. Still, we understand that choice is important to you and this is why we offer three different options for schedule packages. Each has it’s own unique offering and since we do not know what you and your team consider important, we let you choose what you want. The NCHL is the only adult recreational hockey league where you can do that.
The Hockey Season – Edmonton, Winter
- Choose a schedule you want for the whole season – (only in the NCHL)*
- 31 guaranteed games (one game per week)
- 3 periods, stop time (15 minutes each)
- Every team makes the playoffs
- Best of three final
- Provincial Championships
- Schedule is published in September for the whole season so you can plan your life
- Starts the second week of September
- Ends the last week of April
We Take Parity Seriously!
- Parity is key, no one wants to get blown out every game!
- We place your team in the most appropriate division by skill level
- Divisional realignment happens about every 5 games (only in the NCHL)
- We offer 4 tiers, Tier I, II, III, IV – each has specific rules to maximize parity (only in the NCHL)
- Available divisions are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 reserved for Discover Hockey program grads – only in the NCHL)
- Special Tier III rules – ringers can score only 3 goals per game
- Special Tier IV rules to minimize the ringer effect (only in the NCHL)
- Tier IV is not for ringers, mentorship and Fair Play Initiative rules in play (only in the NCHL)
Choose The Schedule You Want!
- Home Ice Prime – Best Ice Times, Same Day and Same Time – (only in the NCHL)
- Home Ice – Consistency, Same Day and Same Time – (only in the NCHL)
- Regular – Choose The Schedule You Want – (only in the NCHL)
Your Time Is Important!
- Stop chasing players for payments!
- Let your teammates pay their fees with their credit card
- Just Set up your team invoice on Breakout and let your players pay online – you are done, no more chasing cash!
- Players can even pay monthly, now there are no more excuses for not playing hockey this winter – (only in the NCHL)
- Earn rewards – we accept all major credit cards via Breakout
Play Goon Free!
- No purposeful contact, No hitting, No fighting!
- One and done! (One fight gets a goon suspended indefinitely!) – (only in the NCHL)
- Take 30 minutes in penalties – waste 1 game!
- Take 40 minutes in penalties – waste 2 more games!
- Take 50 minutes in penalties – waste the whole season!
- Penalty minutes carry over into the playoff season (we really don’t want goons)
Take It Easy, We Organize It All!
- Let all your buddies see how you did last night
- Stats & Standings are updated online within 24 hours of each game
- Pucks at every game for warmups – so you don’t have to – (only in the NCHL)
- Spend less time writing names on the score sheet, it’s pre-printed
- We provide a score sheet with all the names already on it, all you have to do is cross the names off for absent players
- Professional officials, 2 refs & a scorekeeper at every game, or you get a credit!
Have More Fun, Play More Hockey!
- All games are 3 periods of 15 minute stop time – (only in the NCHL)
- Special rules to minimize wasted ice time
- Icing from the blue line
- Hurry up face offs
- More than 5 penalties/team – penalty shot rule (does not apply to Tier I teams) – (only in the NCHL)
- 9 penalties and/or 30 penalty minutes – team forfeit rules – (only in the NCHL)
Other Benefits Of Playing With Us
- Partnership with United Sport & Cycle
- Partnership with OTB Athletic lets us provide you with quality jerseys quickly
- Tournaments, Contests, Oilers Tickets, Shinny and a few other special things we do for the team GMs that play with us you will have to discover for yourself
* You can find the complete rule book here
A Short Disclaimer
We try our best to be diligent and provide you with the most accurate information we have. Sometimes that may not be possible, we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and your teammates. To the best of our knowledge information presented here is the most accurate to date. Last updated April 17th, 2019.