The Hockey Season – Calgary, Summer
- Choose a schedule package that works for you – have a say in the ice times you play!
- 16 guaranteed games (average of one game per week)
- Three periods, stop time (15 minutes each)
- Every team makes the playoffs
- Best of three final
- Provincial Championships
- Schedule is published in May for the whole season so you can plan your life
- Starts the first week of May
- Ends the last week of August
We Take Parity Seriously!
- Parity is key, no one wants to get blown out every game!
- We place your team in the most appropriate division by skill level
- Divisional realignment happens periodically throughout the season (only in the NCHL)
- We offer four tiers, Tier I, II, III, IV – each has specific rules to maximize parity (only in the NCHL)
- Available divisions are 1 – 11 (division 11 is reserved for Discover Hockey program grads – only in the NCHL)
- Special Tier III rules – players can score only 3 goals per game
- Special Tier IV rules to minimize the effect of ringers on the game (only in the NCHL)
- Tier IV has mentorship and Fair Play Initiative rules in play (only in the NCHL)
Choose The BEST Schedule For You
- Play all your games close to home – unique to the NCHL
- You can now choose: Prime 9PM Monday – Thursday, Prime 9PM Any Day, Anytime Monday – Thursday or Regular schedules – unique to the NCHL
- Playoff games are all within conference except for the final (subject to conference availability)
Your Time Is Important!
- Stop chasing players for payments!
- Let your teammates pay their fees with their credit card
- Just set up your team invoice on Breakout and let your players pay online – you are done, no more chasing cash!
- Players can even pay monthly, now there are no more excuses for not playing hockey this summer – (only in the NCHL)
We Take Your Safety Seriously!
- No body checking, no fighting!
- One and done! Any fight gets a lifetime ban – (only in the NCHL)
- Take 30 minutes in penalties – one game suspension
- Take 40 minutes in penalties – two game suspension
- Take 50 minutes in penalties – suspended for the remainder of season!
- Penalty minutes carry over into the playoff season
Take It Easy, We Organize It All!
- Let all your buddies see how you did last night
- Stats & standings are updated online within 24 hours of each game
- Pucks at every game for warmups – so you don’t have to bring them
- Spend less time writing names on the score sheet, it’s pre-printed
- We provide a score sheet with all the names already on it, all you have to do is cross the names off for absent players
- Professional officials, two refs & a scorekeeper at every game, or you get a credit!
Have More Fun, Play More Hockey!
- All games are three periods of 15 minute stop time
- Special rules to minimize wasted ice time
- Icing from the blue line
- More than five penalties/team – penalty shot rule (does not apply to Tier I teams) – (only in the NCHL)
- Nine penalties and/or 30 penalty minutes – team forfeit rules – (only in the NCHL)
Other Benefits Of Playing With Us
- Partnership with Adrenalin Source for Sports
- Partnership with OTB Athletic lets us provide you with quality jerseys quickly
- Tournaments, Contests, Flames Tickets, Shinny and a few other special things we do for the team GMs that play with us, you will have to discover for yourself
* You can find the complete rule book here
A Short Disclaimer
We try our best to be diligent and provide you with the most accurate information we have. Sometimes that may not be possible, we apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you and your teammates. To the best of our knowledge information presented here is the most accurate to date. Last updated December 12th, 2018.