The NCHL is back (or will be soon)! While we have not had the go ahead from governments, we are putting a plan in place and hoping that things will be ready by April 2021.
That said, we do not know what government restrictions will be put in place, but we can only assume they will be very similar to what they were before the last shutdown, and will adjust accordingly if things are more restrictive or more lenient.
What will this most likely entail?
- Each team will get 18 regular season games plus 1 guaranteed playoff game (and more if you keep winning)
- Season will run from our target start of April 7th, to the end of playoffs on August 31st.
- 50 person cohorts mean that we will have to split into groups of three teams with 16 players per roster maximum
- You will play four games during a two week span, and then get two weeks off so that we can reset the cohorts and move teams around
- This is the only way to make it possible to play more than two different teams for the entire season
- After every two week block, you can reset your roster to make a new group of 16 players
To see a full explanation of how we did the Winter 2020-21 Season, click here.
Again, we are not 100% sure what the Alberta and BC governments will say when they do open recreational sports back up, but if we use the Winter Season as a guideline, you can see what guidelines we were using here.
Because there is so much movement of teams, schedule selection will not be possible, but do not panic! We have tons of great ice times this summer, and these will all be distributed evenly among teams.
So if you’re ready to sign up for the Summer 2021 Season, please visit breakoutplay.com to register.
To see Summer Season pricing, click here.
To see Important Dates for the Summer Season, click here.
Thank you for choosing the NCHL!