How many teams or divisions will be able to play in your season?
- The amount of teams that are able to sign up is only limited by ice availability. Teams will then be assigned to cohort groups containing a total of 4 teams in order to abide by the current AHS regulations.
How will you be ensuring that players only play in one cohort group as per AHS regulations?
- The NCHL will be doing their due diligence by locking rosters and IDing players prior to the game. Teams will not be allowing spares outside of the cohort group.
What happens if we are unable to find a goalie for our game?
- Our regular goalie rules do not apply. If your goalie is unable to make it and you are unable to pull a spare goalie from within your cohort, a team could dress a player or play six players on the ice for the duration of the game. Teams will not be forced to forfeit if they are unable to dress a goalie.
What happens if we put this team together for the season and are unable to all have matching jerseys?
- Our regular jersey infraction rules do not apply. We only ask that teams are able to wear light (away) or dark (home) jerseys based on who is listed as home or away on the schedule. However, players should still all have their own individual numbers.
Help, my team is short. Can I bring out a spare?
- In short, no. Groupings are limited to those already assigned to the cohort. All spare players must be sourced from the other teams within your cohort group. If you are having difficulty finding this information please reach out to the league and we will do our best to put you in touch with available players.
What tier should I sign up for?
- Our rule book changes slightly based on the tier chosen. Here is a brief overview of what some of the major differences between tiers. For more detailed information on tiering please see our detailed rulebook at http://stats.nchl.com/uploads/9978/files/NCHL-RULES-2020.pdf
o Tier I – No accumulation penalty shots (after 6 penalties)
o Tier II – Standard NCHL rules
o Tier III – Three goal max per player
o Tier IV – Three goal max per player & Fair Play rule (for beginner players and teams)