Jersey rule is back in place for the Winter 2020-21 hockey season.
We have extended the usual grace period from 4 weeks to 7 weeks to give teams extra time to get set up this year. Starting November 1st, 2020 all teams must have team jerseys that are compliant with the NCHL Rules.
Here is the jersey rule as written in the NCHL rulebook. Please note that the extension has been made for this season only so still notes as the 4th week in the rules. No infractions will be emailed out until November 1st 2020.
All teams are required to have both matching Dark (Home) and Light (Away) team jerseys;
4. A plain jersey consistent in color with the base color of their team’s jerseys will be accepted as a team jersey. Jersey must have the team logo, team name, NCHL logo, or a plain front.
5. Any jersey with another team logo, or dissimilar in color will not be acceptable
6. All players must be wearing team jerseys before the 4th week of the season.
7. Any players not wearing team jerseys after the 4th week of the season will have a jersey violation marked on the game sheet for that team. At 3 violations the last game played will be a forfeit.
8. Team representative will be notified by email for every infraction after game sheets are received.
9. Club teams must select 1 style and logo of jersey to wear and this must be consistent throughout the year and will constitute as a jersey violation if another variation is used.
10. Teams need to ensure Goalies have proper matching jerseys and Goalies are encouraged to not wear the same color jersey as their opponent. If a Goalie does not have a Matching jersey this will not result in a Jersey Infraction.
11. All jerseys must have distinct contrasting 8”-12” numbers clearly marked (sewn, screened, sublimated, or heat sync) on the back
Taped numbers are not permitted.
No number is not permitted (Goalies are exempt)
Cannot have the same number as another player except if the other player is a Goalie
12. Team representatives must ensure that all players’ names and numbers are clearly recorded on the game sheet. Team representatives will sign the game sheet after reviewing the rosters.
13. Special arrangements may be made between team representatives and league administration to allow their team to play with one uniform set while their second set is in production.
14. Teams with only one set of uniforms are responsible for checking for uniform conflicts.
15. Visiting teams that wear a similar color to their opponents’ home jersey must contact the home teams GM to ask if they would be able to wear their white jerseys for that game.
16. If the Home team is also in possession of only one set of jerseys (same or close in colour) the visiting team will be responsible for acquiring a temporary set of white jerseys.